Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 May 2015

Jeff Borchardt There's not a damn thing in dog bite prevention week that would've prevented my son's 15 minute mauling....Zip. Ziltch. Zero. Nada....Only thing that would've saved my son on March 6th, 2013 is not having him anywhere near 2 dog (why did the babysitter ignore your wishs and cause the death of your son? and she's still your friend despite getting your son killed?)


It's dog bite prevention week. I think it's important to recognize the difference between a bite and an attack.
by Merritt Clifton For Dog Bite Prevention Week 2015 the American Humane Association and American Veterinary Medical Association have offered more than a dozen tips for avoiding ordinary dog bites ...
ANIMALS24-7.ORG|BY MERRITT CLIFTON
Like · 
  • 12 people like this.
  • Jeff BorchardtI'm gonna copy and paste the comment I made on this awesome blog post here:

    "Good work Merritt. After sharing my story with people that will listen, I am always asked what they could do to stop an attack like the one on my son. I will direct them to this blog post in the future. 


    So much of the information in this blog post could've saved my son's life, short of just avoiding fighting breeds all together."
    19 hrs · Like · 4
  • Jeff BorchardtDog bite prevention week should be renamed "Common sense bite prevention week." or "My brother and I grew up around dogs and our mom and dad taught us how to treat them, respect them, and interact with them."

    Am I the only one that scoffs at this week
    ? Am I the only one that thinks these people are treating us like the lowest common denominator? Do they think we're stupid? I feel like the HSUS, ASPCA, and all the "experts" look at us like the morons who burn themselves with coffee or get 9 instead of 10 chicken nuggets in the McDonald's drive thru. 

    Can we just start by being HONEST when we discuss what it means to allow people to own, over breed, sell and rescue fighting breeds in a civilized society?

    I briefly wrote about an attack by the neighbor's German Shepherd I had when I was 10 in my blog "Hounded" on Daxtonsfriends.com. My parents taught me the last thing you should do if you think a dog is gonna attack you, is run. I don't know if it was what I was taught or instinct, but when that dog tore ass out of that yard and charged me, I turned around, stuck out my butt, froze, and that GSD proceeded to "bite" my ass about 8 times before the owner (and this is the important part) CALLED IT OFF.

    Daxton was only 14 months old when he was brutally mauled to death by pit bulls. Even at 14 months we taught him how to treat our Chihuahua/rat terriers...our dogs absolutely HATED Daxton when he was an infant... He grabbed too hard at them and pulled their fur so they would just avoid him. Sometimes I would be watching TV or washing dishes and I would hear one of the dogs growl... They were growling because Dax had them cornered. It was a quick fix and a way to teach Dax a lesson.....

    By the time Dax died, he knew better....He would walk up to the dog(s), stick his hand out, turn and look at us, and we would say, "soft."....He knew what that meant. We would let him pet them softly for a few times, then pull him back.

    Like I said, dog bite prevention week should be called common sense dog bite prevention week....but us advocates for BSL are not talking about "bites" are we?
    Welcome to the Daxton’s Friends website! Our goal is to serve as a resource for healthy canine pet ownership,...
    DAXTONSFRIENDS.COM
    19 hrs · Edited · Like · 6
  • Jeff Borchardt There's not a damn thing in dog bite prevention week that would've prevented my son's 15 minute mauling....Zip. Ziltch. Zero. Nada....Only thing that would've saved my son on March 6th, 2013 is not having him anywhere near 2 dog breeds that were created for the sole purpose of killing other animals, or the information on Merritt Clifton's new blog post.
    18 hrs · Edited · Like · 10
  • Cindy LorenzI'm pissed off too Julie. All the safe places I used to take my dogs are no longer safe. I've even had a couple jump my fence & I live in a rural area. No one should have to carry a stun baton while walking on their own fenced property! And if you have to get out at a road side park with your leashed pet, you shouldn't have to by carrying a handgun (and I don't mean to use on humans) Almost all humans can be deterred by a stun gun, bear spray or just screaming for help- but not certain breeds of dogs.
    8 hrs · Like · 4
  • Jeff Borchardt I see these childish morons are trolling this thread. Have you all done your reporting today?
    5 hrs · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment