Total Pageviews

Monday 18 May 2015

Wayne Webb December 31, 2014 · Edited If I happen to NOT to like dogs, and don't particularly care to "make friends" with yours, do I have to do it anyway so that your dog will "like" me and not try to attack me?


If I happen to NOT to like dogs, and don't particularly care to "make friends" with yours, do I have to do it anyway so that your dog will "like" me and not try to attack me? Or can I just go about my business and enjoy my day? If I am at your house, do I have to let your mutt sniff me or can I have simple respect and the right to my personal space?
Like · 
  • Lisbeth Mønsted LarsenI would think that it is entirely up to you what you want and also what you don´t want. It is the freedom of choice.If people don´t like my greyhounds that is their choice If I choose not to be with those people then that is my choice a choice should always be respected no matter what that choice is. I have chosen not to like pitbulltype dogs and I will not have them near my greyhounds I simply don´t trust dogs that are bred to kill nor their owners.
  • Wayne Webb It's good that you are respectful. Not everyone is.
  • Lisbeth Mønsted LarsenI think it comes with having had hounds for so many years and also knowing that some people are scared of dogs especially huge ones like greyhounds. If they don´t like my lads so be it its their choice I could care less as I love them and at times that is all that matters and I think its simply a question of acepting that not everyone will want to be near my hounds So be it the choice is theirs just as I have made mine.
  • Wayne Webb I can see you don't care. What I;m asking is, would you care if your dog came up and snitffed someone, without asking the PERSON if it was OK.
  • Lisbeth Mønsted LarsenMy greyhounds have better taste than that not everyone is worthy of greyhounds that is for certain nor do they seek random company in fact three of them are ex-racers straight from track and kennels so they have been through enough as it is. They are more reserved than say a labrador would be so I am not worried about that but I am careful as I don´t want my lads hurt or people for that matter.As you have already stated it is a mark of respect not to force others to like the same things you do. Greyhounds are sensetive and will normally avoid those who don´t like them and so do I. They have made their choice and I have made mine. That is in essens what this is all about mutual respect for each other nothing more and nothing less.
  • Lisbeth Mønsted LarsenMay I remind you that greyhounds are not mutts they come with pedigrees longer than your arm and as for manners I have yet to see an ill mannered greyhound and I have had sighthounds since 1986. I show my greyhounds and I rescue too trust me when I tell you Not everyone looking for a greyhound is approved by me if not approved. I will blacklist them also with other rescues. I owe it to the greyhounds to make sure they end up in a good home who is well prepared to adopt one and who will not let the greyhound in question down or return him or her with any number of lame excuses. So easy does it. Also if I invite people to my home its a question of trust if they begin to muck about giving my greyhounds commands they the people invited will be out the door before they know what hit them

No comments:

Post a Comment