Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 May 2015

Nicholas Valentine The trouble is Heidi some of these dogs can be very loveable , not all of them attack , obviously some do . The fact that some people allow their dogs to roam and be a problem to other people is all about having respect or lack of which is the gist of the poster . The argument here is about respect for other people I think , rather than breed specifics


FB friend that loves bullies
Like · 
  • 2 people like this.
  • Heidi Schold Actually you would want them to rip the throat out of an asshole so this is completely wrong.
  • Stu Mahaffey Why do assholes pick these dogs? Cause they are assholes.
  • Nicholas Valentine There is some truth in this , if you respect other people then you would not allow your pet to disrespect them either .
  • Nicholas Valentine So you are saying that other people are assholes are you Gail ?
  • Heidi Schold the point of a "dangerous dog" is that a responsible person would not own one, so you cant "train" the breed to never attack because its instinct for the breed. There can be no truth to this meme since only an asshole would want this breed as their dog...
  • Nicholas Valentine i see your point , Heidi , but a responsible person might have a Bully they love dearly and take steps to ensure that it never bothers anybody - which is the foundation of good dog ownership really .
  • Heidi ScholdMost attacks, bites, mailings start with a dog "accidentally getting loose" like the one who attacked my dog as I was walking him, the son opened the door and the dog ran and pushed him out of the way and got out and immediately attacked my dog. This...See More
  • Heidi Schold And Nicholas Valentine - all dogs bite, why would you want one that can break your arm with one bite... Its like owning a "tamed" tiger really.... You cant love breed instincts out of a breed. I have never taught my beagle to track in the back yard and he does it all the time, you never know when a Pit or Pit type dog is going to "attack without warning" - what they were bred to do.
  • Nicholas Valentine The trouble is Heidi some of these dogs can be very loveable , not all of them attack , obviously some do . The fact that some people allow their dogs to roam and be a problem to other people is all about having respect or lack of which is the gist of the poster . The argument here is about respect for other people I think , rather than breed specifics .
  • Heidi Schold That is true, but many people have these "lovable" dogs until they turn on them and kill their child... or their sweet little pup gets out and eats the neighbors lovable dog. No one seems to care about the love that person had for their dog. I dont want a "dud" grenade laying around my house just waiting for it to explode...
  • Nicholas Valentine I do see where you are coming from , the key words are responsibility and respect . If owners of Bully breeds and dogs in general had these qualities in mind a lot of problems would be solved .
  • Heidi Schold I don't believe so, many many true stories of people who raised their bully breed properly and one day they just snapped... that's the difference between the people in this group and the uninformed public, we know it can happen, and the owners of this breed don't believe us until they witness it.
  • Heidi Schold Nicholas Valentine - the post above is from a lady who loved her bully breed for 8 years before it killed her baby. I believe this was not her first child either, the dog was raised with her other children...
  • Julia Lewis It's dangerous nonsense, that "no bad dogs, only bad owners" mantra.
  • Laurie Miller MusselmanI went to a gathering, yesterday. It was to mark the one year anniversary of the death of one of our close friends. There were no dogs there. Then, someone brought their baby and their pit bull. I have no idea why someone would bring a dog with them, let alone their pit bull. I am not comfortable with pit bulls coming, uninvited to a party. Anyway, there it was, right around the baby and three other children, none of the children were mine nor related to me. 
    It just so happens a woman who is a friend of mine on FB who used to own a pit bull, was there, too. (Her name is Tammy) I had no idea she would be there, but she hugs me and tells me she loves me, she is so happy to see me! Can you believe we are friends? She knew I had walked away when I saw the pit bull. I walked away from her when she started telling me the same old mantras of pit bull lovers: "It's all how you raise them." So I quietly said "So, when a pit bull snaps and kills a child, they raised it to kill the child"? I think she actually thought about that. 
    I realized that Tammy was only there because she came as a date of a friend. I kept my voice low and stopped the conversation. Several people told my husband that they did not know Tammy, but that she is a "weirdo". They saw her getting all foaming at the mouth about how pit bulls are the greatest dogs, and on and on. I did not want to talk to her about it. I told her I was educated on pit bulls and they were bred to fight and they are dangerous killer dogs. I did not want to talk to her. There were so many other people to talk to. I realize she didn’t know most of them, but she enjoys being around me. She kept coming looking for me, just to talk to me, but I told her I will not talk about killer dogs, this party was to celebrate Bob. She really was just falling all over herself to be nice to me after that. 
    I think you can still be friendly with someone like that, but she made a fool of herself several times. Anyway, they set off fireworks and the young couple with the 3 month old baby had to take the pit bull home because he got very upset over the fireworks. I think all dogs get upset over fireworks. I was glad they took the pit bull home. A lot of my husbands friends thought Tammy was strange and they told him that. I have no ill feelings towards Tammy, and I think she is starting to realize that so many people will just walk away, including me. I don’t want to educate anyone about the dangers of pit bulls during a party meant to celebrate a friend who has died. I am kind in person, polite and can be a lot of fun at a party.. I can not say anything to the family with the daughter who has the baby and the pit bull, since the daughter is only 19 and still lives at home. *shrugs* The pit bull had a type of sharp inward poking collar on it, and it was on the leash. But I wish people would just leave their dang pit bulls at home.
  • Julia Lewis You did well there, Laurie Miller Musselman!
  • Julia Lewis Much better to speak up, quietly, as you did than say nothing.
  • Julia Lewis And what a ridiculous thing to do, to bring a pit bull to that kind of occasion.
  • Laurie Anne what horseshit
    13 hrs · Like · 3
  • Anthony Michael Ridge very eloquently put Laurie Anne! lol
    13 hrs · Like · 2
  • Martin Burks Them people are so blatantly stupid!!
    11 hrs · Like
  • Laurie Anne Laurie Miller MusselmanWhy did she bring the dog? Is it a ESD? It kind of sounds like it was an evangelical mission for her. I am sick of being approached by pit bull breed ambassadors who which to share the gospel of the pit bull with me.
    10 hrs · Like · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment